A partner with the law firm since 1997, John Connolly has over twenty-five years of practice experience. He enjoys an excellent reputation as a trial and appellate lawyer, representing clients in business and general civil litigation, personal injury, and white collar and major criminal cases. John has been acknowledged by his peers and rated “AV Preeminent” by Martindale-Hubbell¹, the leading attorney rating service.
Attorney John Connolly is licensed to practice law in Georgia state and federal courts.
John has participated in hundreds of arbitrations, mediations, bench trials, and jury trials in his career. He has conducted over 75 civil and criminal jury trials in Georgia state and federal courts, and has handled numerous appeals.
He has been involved in numerous construction, condemnation, foreclosure confirmation, corporate dissolution, copyright, and other business lawsuits throughout the state of Georgia.
John has also successfully litigated hundreds of workers’ compensation, social security, and personal injury law cases, including car accident, slip and fall, premise liability, products liability, wrongful death, and medical malpractice cases. He also has a wide range of criminal defense experience, which includes dozens of jury trials.
Georgia State University, J.D., 1993
Georgia State University, B.A., Philosophy, 1987
Affiliations and Memberships
- Blue Ridge Bar Association
- Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Georgia Public Defender Standards Council
- St. Michael the Archangel Catholic Church, Woodstock, Georgia
- Knights of Columbus, Council 11768, Woodstock, Georgia
- St. Thomas More Society
- American Center for Law and Justice
- Coach, Sandy Plains Baseball, Marietta, Georgia
- Board Member and Coach, Shaw Park Baseball, Marietta, Georgia
- Board Member and Baseball Coach, South Cherokee Recreation Authority (SCRA Baseball), Woodstock, Georgia
- Den Leader, Cub Scouts Pack 4900, Woodstock, Georgia
- Committee Member, Boy Scouts Troop 8880, Canton, Georgia
- Appalachian Trail Conservancy
- Kennesaw Mountain Historical Association
- Habitat for Humanity
¹ AV® Preeminent™ is a certification mark of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies.